Schedule: On Sunday December 10, 7:00 – 8:30 pm we happily bring you a preview of our Month of Mindfulness January 2018 Program offered by the London Mindfulness Community (LMC). The preview evening will include some typical introductory meditations. We also preview some mindfulness enhancing exercises used in the program which are practiced by participants at home. An emphasis is on fun and creativity. We will also have open discussion tea and chat about the program. Please note that December 10 will be our last London Mindfulness Meeting for December 2018, and we will re-open on January 7, 2018. So there will be no Tuesday or Sunday meetings until then.
The main website for MoM18 is:
Goals of the Program
It seems we are always running to catch up, or evading ever increasing problems. Mindfulness, a natural quality which we are born with, offers powerful alternatives, based on embracing awareness in the present moment. It’s been kept alive, mainly in the East by Buddhists, and recently scientific evidence including brain scans have given strong support for its beneficial effects. The program’s goal is to provide a step by step practical guide to enhancing mindfulness in your own life, communication and relationships. This is done in secular form in plain language, that reflects the common sense of Mindfulness ideas. Use of Body and Breath, mindful movement and walking mediation, provide powerful and subtle methods to bring us into the present moment. There is a very nice tea break in the middle of the weekly sessions, so that participants can chat with the facilitators and other participants. The program design is based on a shortened form of Jon Kabat-Zinn’s pioneering 8 week Mindfulness program, with refinements made by Mark Williams. We are also influenced by Tara Brach and Thich Nhat Hanh.
Other Details Month of Mindfulness Introductory Program
- Date/Time: 4 Sunday Evenings 7 – 8:30 pm, January 7 – 28
- Location: in the beautiful Shiva Room at Moksha Yoga, 677 Richmond Street, Unit 4.
- Registration/cost: will be available soon at a link from the MoM18 website:
- Further Information: email us at LMC <email@example.com>
- Prior Experience: No prior experience is required. Or perhaps, you have tried some meditation, and want to establish a more regular meditation practice, and strengthen mindfulness in your daily life.
- Follow-up: We also run regular Sunday discussions and drop-in meditations weekly through-out the year, so after the Month of Mindfulness January Program, as Jon Kabat-Zinn says:
- Wherever you 🙂 are we 🙂 🙂 are here!
Preparation for the evening: Bring your curious self, and relax back into the moment!
The London Mindfulness Community (LMC) : is a community of mindfulness enthusiasts. Our meditations are designed to be accessible to those who drop in occasionally. Those wanting to know more about integrating mindfulness into daily life, please see our website (usually by the previous Thursday):
http://londonmindfulnesscommunity.org (and its associated FB page, search London Mindfulness Community on FB). Attendance at our meditations, except for special programs such as the one above, is free (donations are accepted which go towards buy materials for the studio and learning resources).